- Comparative genomics
- Molecular phylogenetics
- Investigating the evolution of antibiotic resistance using comparative genomics and metagenomics approaches in collaboration with the Synthetic and Systems Biology Unit of BRC.
- Development of a functional enrichment analyser algorithm and R package. In collaboration with the Host-microbiom Group of Earlham institute, Norwich, UK.
- Exploring host-microbe interactions. In collaboration with the Sysmets Biology Group of Earlham institute, Norwich, UK.
- Investigating thermal phenotypic plasticity during expeimental evolution of Drosophila species. In collaboration with the Institute of Population Genetics, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria.
- Application of a discrete mathematical method (BOOL-AN) for molecular phylogenetic analyses, classifying tRNA-s, miRNA-s, and searching for identity elements. In collaboration with the Department of Plant Systematics, Ecology and Theoretical Biology, ELTE